Mission & Purpose of ALCS
The Mission & purpose of Abundant Life Christian School is to provide a safe and nurturing place where students pre-school through high school can receive spiritual and academic instruction in a Christ centered, community environment. ALCS specializes in working with students who come from homes where Spanish is the primary language and English is a second language. ALCS provides a great learning environment and welcomes all students who are excelling in their academic work and have a heart of compassion for encouraging and working and learning alongside those for whom school is more difficult. ALCS intends to address the needs of the whole student, including body, soul, and spirit. ALCS works alongside parents to help to develop their children not only into well educated graduates who have excelled in their academic studies but more importantly into God honoring, spiritually mature, mission minded, followers of Jesus Christ.
All truth is God's truth. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Nothing is true unless it recognizes God as the ultimate source of truth. God reveals truth in His inspired Word, The Holy Bible. Man can know the truth, when his reason is enlightened by the Holy Spirit. To be adequate, any basis for Christian education must include as its center God's revelation, not as a textbook on everything but rather as the point of reference for evaluation of all other areas and sources of knowledge.
Many parents choose private school out of desperation because of the poor spiritual, academic, and social climate in the public schools. They want to find a way to ensure their children are properly educated. Often, they chose a Christian school, because Christian schools have a reputation for superior academics. Some parents come to us because public schools are not permitted to maintain the standard of discipline prevalent many years ago. Parents who realize the necessity of discipline in the learning process often bring their children to a Christian school. Other parents come seeking escape from drug abuse, theft, vandalism, gangs, social tension, and physical harm. However, none of these reasons provides adequate motivation for involvement in the daily training program of Abundant Life Christian School (ALCS). The best motive for placing your child in ALCS is this: to help your child develop Christ‑like character and conduct through a deep belief in God’s Word and a desire to comply with God's will as revealed through His Word, The Holy Bible. The other assets of our program are bonus benefits to being in the will of God.
Other parents have come seeking escape from drug abuse, theft, vandalism, gangs, social tension, and physical harm. However, none of these reasons provides adequate motivation for involvement in the daily training program of Abundant Life Christian School (ALCS). The only valid motive for placing your child in ALCS is this: to help your child develop Christ-like character and conduct through a deep belief in God's Word and a desire to comply with God's will as revealed through His World. The Holy Bible. The other assets of our program are bonus benefits to being in the will of God.
- To provide an atmosphere conducive to moral and spiritual fidelity, to the pursuit of godly wisdom, knowledge and understanding, and to discernment of truth from error
- To help our students learn and live to honor The Lord by fulfilling the daily responsibilities which God has given them
- To aid each child in finding his/her purpose in life and in preparing for eternity
- To encourage our students by emphasizing biblical principles and the devotion of their God-given gifts and abilities to a life of service
- To promote self-discipline and graciousness in each child through training in self-motivation, consistency, appreciation, responsibility, and thoroughness
- To teach the skill of independent study using the individualized, computer-enhanced ACE School of Tomorrow curriculum
- To instill appreciation and respect for government and church, for officials in the national and local places of authority, and for God-ordained law and order
- To give the student the spiritual, social, and physical training necessary to prepare him or her to be a responsible, mature Christian citizen and employee